The Pines Pastoral Herd of black angus cattle is located in beautiful countryside of the Southern Highlands.
The Pines Pastoral is a 700 acre anguscattle farm in the Southern Highlands. 700m above sea level. Cool climate. Lots of hills and valleys. A few creeks and waterfalls. Close to Sydney (1 1/2hrs) and Canberra (2 hrs).
- In good times 400 head. Less in drought. 25ha under irrigation. Cattle are fed silage in winter.
- Breed plan registration: BZO. The herd is HBR and APR. The farm is J BAS 6 and E.U. accredited.
- Weighing at birth can be very difficult. We try to weigh as many calves as possible. All calves are tagged at birth. Vaccinations are done as every animal grows – on time.
- We use embryo transfers and A.I.
- We have 2 calving seasons.
- All animals are weaned in yards. Good temperament is a must. We score temperament.
We specialise in producing maternal bulls. Bulls that can sire an excellent female calf. We sell preg. tested in calf (PTIC) heifers and cows.
We sell cows with calves at foot.
Steers are sold at 7 months with weights in the range of 250 to 300kg. These are EU accredited.